Alex’s Top 8 I’M FAMOUS!
8. This might be the one where you first realize how insane the Lone Wolf really is. Up until this point Daniel thought he was just dealing with an ego obsessed weirdo quasi celeb. Turns out he is truly a lunatic, and it’s too late to get off the train.
7. This one is something we’ll see a lot of, but done pretty well I think. Since Eric is spun off from Black Snow and his Nazi uniform is explained ad nauseam for some reason we didn’t REALLY do any extensive explaining in I’m Famous. Just the thought of someone reading this strip and seeing that one of the central characters seems to be a romantic Nazi Screenwriter somewhat amuses me. Somewhat! Eric’s a good guy, and he’s not a Nazi. Moving on!
6. This is Rosenstein’s introduction, which is notable, but since we don’t get any indication of his true personality, the real strength of this strip is the art, and the sense of hopelessness that is suddenly present in Daniel’s arc. The last panel of the sun spilling through the windows, the glint of the whiskey bottle, and the scattered pills…goddamn.
5. Unlike most I’m Famouses, I actually think this one is funny. He completely misunderstands Daniel! Hilarity ensues. He calls a person who loves him FREAKSHOW. Classic.
4. This is just Bill Pullman’s speech from Independence Day. I love it and I love that the Lone Wolf thinks this is the thing to build a bridge between Daniel and Eric.
3. “Oh perhaps I will!”
2. The introduction to Rosenstein in the flesh, no more phone. The dynamics of the master-servant here are a good counter-balance to Lone Wolf’s relationship with Wolf Pack. The Wolf Pack is a sweet fool, Rufus is intelligent, bitter, and perhaps more than he seems….Or perhaps not. Rosenstein’s claim that he has not fired a man must be taken well salted. He’s probably fired many. Anyway, this is a really good one.
1. I can’t say why I love this one so much, except that it’s a nice moment between the Lone Wolf and Eric. Eric gets lost in the shuffle a bit in this story, probably due to his nature as a guy totally fine with getting lost in the shuffle. The final panel is the Lone Wolf in a microcosm. That is what this is all about people. An insane guy being confused. A lot.
Leave a Reply